Gluten Free Recipes
Rustic White Loaf
Please always check current Food List as gluten-free status of products can change.
A delicious crusty loaf with a soft, close textured crumb. Perfect served thickly cut and spread with pate or jam. Great dunked into soup or to mop up juices from a tasty stew.
Serves 6 - 8
- In a large bowl, combine the White Mix and yeast. Stir in the oil and sufficient water to form a soft but not sticky dough.
- Knead the dough until smooth on a surface lightly dusted with Mix.
- Shape the dough into an oval and using a sharp knife, make shallow incisions on top.
- Leave to prove in a warm place for approx. 30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 220°C/425°F/Gas Mark 7.
- Sprinkle with Mix and bake in a preheated oven for 25-30minutes until golden brown.
- Alternatively, divide the dough into 8-10 pieces, shape into rounds to make individual rustic rolls. Bake in a preheated oven for approximately 15 minutes.
500g packet Juvela Gluten-Free White Mix
1 sachet dried yeast
2 tbsp vegetable oil
250-300mll (10-12 fl oz) warm water