Gluten Free Recipes
Lemon & Blueberry Trifle
Please always check current Food List as gluten-free status of products can change.
An absolutely divine ‘trifle’ but without any faff! A throw it together kind of pudding that looks and tastes gorgeous! This can be made in individual serving dishes or one bigger dish.
Pre-heat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF/Gas Mark 4. Grease and base-line a 6-8inch cake tin (square or round).
- To make the sponge, place all the ingredients into a large bowl and beat well until light and fluffy.
- Turn the mixture into the prepared tin and bake in a preheated oven for 20-25 minutes until risen and golden.
- When baked, remove from the tin and allow to cool. Once cooled, cut into 2cm slices.
- Place 125g (5oz) of the blueberries in a pan with water and sugar and cook over a medium heat until they begin to release juice and the liquid in the pan starts to thicken.
- Set aside and allow to cool slightly for about 10 minutes.
- To assemble the 'trifle' spoon the lemon curd into the bottom of a glass serving dish and cover with slices of sponge.
- Spoon the blueberries and their juice over the sponge and allow the juice to soak down into the sponge for 2 minutes.
- Cover with custard and place in the fridge for at least an hour.
- To serve, top with whipped cream and decorate with the remaining blueberries and toasted almonds.
For the Sponge
150g (6oz) Juvela Gluten-Free mix
75g (3oz) caster sugar
75g (3oz) butter
3 medium egg (beaten)
grated zest of 1/2 lemon
For the filling
5Tbsp lemon curd*
150g (6oz) blueberries
2Tbsp caster sugar
425g ready made custard*
300ml double cream (lightly whipped)
1 handful of toasted flaked almonds*.