Gluten Free Recipes
Please always check current Food List as gluten-free status of products can change.
A deliciously moist Christmas pudding, perfect served warm with brandy butter!
Serves 10 - 20
You will need: 1 litre pudding basin or 2 x ½ litre pudding basins.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except the rum/brandy, cover and leave in a cool dry place overnight.
- Transfer the mixture into the prepared basins, smooth the tops and cover with greaseproof paper and foil.
- Place in a large pan and pour in boiling water approx ¾ up the side of each basin. Cover and steam for 7-8 hours (or 4 hours for smaller puddings).
- Check the water level halfway through cooking and top up if necessary.
- Allow to cool, then spoon over the rum or brandy and cover with fresh greaseproof paper and foil.
50g (2oz) Juvela Gluten-Free Mix,
100g (4oz) breadcrumbs (made from Juvela Gluten-Free Loaf),
100g (4oz) suet*,
1 tsp ground mixed spice*,
1 tsp ground cinnamon*,
150g (6oz) soft brown sugar,
500g (1lb) mixed dried fruit*,
25g (1oz) chopped mixed nuts*,
1 small cooking apple (peeled, cored and grated),
1 small carrot (peeled and grated),
1 orange (grated rind and juice),
1 lemon (grated rind and juice),
2 medium eggs,
125ml (¼ pint) orange juice,
3 tbsp rum or brandy.