Tasty Bake Cherry Clafoutis
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 20 minutes
butter, for greasing
caster sugar, for dusting*
1 tablespoon kirsch
80g gluten-free plain white flour blend
1 x 425g tin of cherries
icing sugar, for dusting
crème anglaise or vanilla ice cream, to serve*
*Choose gluten free option from the Coeliac Society of Ireland food list
- Preheat the oven to 170°C/gas mark 3. Grease six ramekins or 4.5cm x 5.5cm shallow dishes with butter and dust with a little caster sugar, tapping out the excess sugar.
- Whisk together the eggs, honey, cream, milk and kirsch in a medium-sized bowl.
- Sieve the flour into a large mixing bowl. Make a well in the centre and pour in the wet ingredients. Whisk into a smooth batter, then pour the batter through a fine-mesh sieve into a jug.
- Drain the cherries and remove any stones. Divide them equally between the ramekins.
- Before pouring the batter into the ramekins, give it a good stir to make sure the flour is evenly distributed. Cover the cherries with the batter. If using ramekins, fill them three-quarters full to allow the batter to rise.
- Place the ramekins on a baking tray and bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes. Once baked, they will have increased in height and be a golden colour and if you press them lightly in the middle they will give but return to their shape.
- Allow to cool slightly, then dust with icing sugar. Serve with crème anglaise or ice cream.