A Taste of Summer: Smashed Peas on John McCambridge Gluten Free Bread
- 200g peas
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Zest of 1⁄2 lemon
- 1 tbsp parmesan plus extra to serve
- 3 tbsp ricotta
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 slices John McCambridge Gluten Free Bread
- Put the crushed garlic, lemon zest, ricotta, parmesan, olive oil and half the peas into a blender. Pulse until you have a coarse mix.
- Fold in the remaining peas. Season with salt and pepper.
- Lightly toast your John McCambridge Gluten Free Bread.
- Top your toast with the pea mix and add a light sprinkle of the extra parmesan.
- If you are using frozen peas soak in some boiling water for a few minutes and drain well.
- You can substitute ricotta with cream cheese.
Delicious for lunch or works great as a starter.
McCambridge has kindly offered 20% discount off their Gluten Free Bread Tin Bakery Kit when you visit McCambridge Online Shop and use this code GFBTBCSI05 at the checkout.