*PLEASE CHECK FOOD LIST FOR SUITABLE INGREDIENTS
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 medium leeks
- 1 fennel bulb
- 400g floury potatoes
- 1 litre of GF vegetable or chicken stock*
Sour Cream and Fried Leek to Garnish
- Finely slice and rinse the leeks, core and finely slice the fennel, peel and dice the potatoes.
- Melt the butter over a gentle heat in a large saucepan.
- Add the leeks, fennel and potatoes stir well so as everything is nicely coated with the melted butter.
- Cover and cook over a very low heat until the vegetables have softened but not browned.
- Stir occasionally.
- Add the stock and bring to simmering point, cover and let the soup simmer for another 20 minutes.
- Allow the soup to cool a little then puree.
- Return the soup to the saucepan and reheat.
- Ladle soup into bowls and top with a spoonful of sour cream, fried leek and freshly ground black pepper, serve with John McCambridge Gluten Free Soda Bread
Preparation less than 30 mins
Cooking time 30 mins
- 900g fresh or frozen berries or the fruit of your choice
- 50 -75g of Caster Sugar depending on the sweetness of your fruit
- 200g John McCambridge Gluten Free Oats
- 50g Ground Almonds*
100g Chopped Almonds*
- 40g Light Brown Sugar
- 120g Melted Butter
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/350°F
- Place your fruit in a baking dish and sprinkle with caster sugar.
- Blitz half of the oats in a food processor then add these, the remaining oats, ground almonds, chopped almonds and
- brown sugar to a mixing bowl.
- Add the melted butter and mix well.
- Add your crumble topping over the layer of fruit.
- Bake for 30mins or until golden and bubbling.
Serve with lashings of cream or ice cream
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking Time 50 mins
Makes 15 slices approx
- 400g John McCambridge Gluten Free Oats
- 2 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- ½ tsp Salt
- 500g Plain Yogurt*
- 50ml Milk
- 1 Egg
- 120g Mixed Seeds Plus Extra to Sprinkle on Top*
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F
- Grease a 2lb loaf tin
- Blitz half of the oats in a food processor then add these, remaining oats, seeds, salt and bicarbonate of soda to a mixing bowl.
- In another bowl mix the egg, milk and yoghurt together.
- Mix the wet mix into the dry mix making sure they are completely combined.
- Transfer the mixture to your loaf tin.
- Cut a line down the centre of the loaf and sprinkle with seeds
- Place in the pre-heated oven for 45 minutes.
- If you like a crispy crust remove the loaf from the tin return it to the oven and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire tray.
Preparation 30 mins
Cooking time 60 mins
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
500g potatoes, peeled and sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
250 ml cream
250 ml creme fraiche*
1 litre chicken or vegetable stock*
250g grated gruyere cheese*
2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
3 Slices John McCambridge Gluten Free Soda Bread lightly
Blitzed in a food processor to make coarse bread crumbs
100g John McCambridge Gluten Free Porridge Oats
lightly blitzed in a food processor
250g grated gruyere cheese*
- Heat oven to 180°C/350°F. Butter an oven-proof casserole dish
- Finely slice and rinse the leeks, core and finely slice the fennel, peel and slice the potatoes and carrots.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil and the butter over a gentle heat in a large saucepan.
- Add fennel, leeks, potatoes and carrots stir to coat everything. Cover and cook until soft and lightly browned this will take a good 20mins.
- Add garlic and cook for a few more minutes. Add the creme fraiche, cream and cheese.
- Pour into oven-proof casserole dish.
- Melt 15g butter in a large heavy based saucepan add the breadcrumbs, blitzed oats, rosemary and thyme.
- Gently cook over a low heat until the breadcrumb mix is crispy.
- Spoon the breadcrumb mix on top of the vegetable mix and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 50 mins to an hour until crispy and bubbly.
Preparation 10 mins
Cooking time 35-40 mins
12 slices approx
- 1 John McCambridge Bread Tin Bakery Gluten Free Bread Kit
- 2 apples cut into small chunks
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon*
- 300 ml milk
- 1 tbsp Maple syrup*
Our McCambridge Bread Tin Bakery kits are SO easy to make, SO tasty why not ‘pimp your loaf’ by adding other ingredients? This is one of our favourites.
Pre heat oven to 180°C/350°F
- Add the maple syrup to the milk.
- Add the cinnamon and chopped apple to the dry mix in the mixing bag. Pour your maple syrup milk into the dry mix and reseal the mixing bag and massage to mix. Pour your batter into the oiled bread tin. Bake for 35-40 mins.
- Cover with a tea towel and leave to cool on a wire rack.
- When cooled remove from bread tin and enjoy.