Christmas is all about Santa and the presents but it’s also about Christmas food and treats!
However even though Santa is coming all the principles of keeping gluten free should still remain so that lots of fun can be had by everyone.
· Always check with your parent or guardian that something is safe to eat if you are out and about.
· Don’t share other people’s treats or food without checking it’s safe to eat first. Never be afraid to ask.
· If going to friends or relatives perhaps take along some of your gluten free goodies to share.
· Keep eating all the lovely fruit and veg of the season such as easy peeler oranges, apples, pears, carrots and brussel sprouts. Brussel sprouts are delicious!
· Remember you’re not alone, lots of children are the same as you and that you can still have all of the lovely Christmas food but just make sure that it is gluten free.
The below point is for your parent or guardian to remember on your behalf.
· Remember: The Coeliac Society’s Food List is your go-to guide for all things Gluten free. Everything listed in the food list has been certified and approved and is entirely safe for Coeliacs. Always consult the Food List if you are in any doubt as to whether a product is Gluten free or not. In addition the Society compiles a list of Gluten Free Seasonal Products especially for Christmas and this list contains additional items which are seasonal and may not be in the Food list. The Society distributes this list to all its members in time for Christmas so that members have the best possible choice of products for Christmas.