The Coeliac Society of Ireland is committed to ensuring that all our communications and interactions with the public and our supporters are of the highest possible standard – honest and transparent. We listen and respond to the views of the public and you, our supporters, and welcome positive and constructive feedback so that we can continue to improve.
We aim to ensure that:
- It is as easy as possible to make a complaint.
- We treat, as a complaint, any clear expression of dissatisfaction with our operations, which calls for a response.
- We treat it seriously whether it is made by telephone, letter, fax, email or in person.
- We deal with it quickly and politely.
- We respond accordingly – for example, with an explanation, or an apology where we have got things wrong, and information on any action taken etc.
- We learn from complaints, use them to improve, and monitor them at our Board.
If you do have a complaint about any aspect of our work, you can contact the Coeliac Society of Ireland in writing or by telephone.
In the first instance, your complaint will be dealt with by our Chief Executive Officer. Please give us as much information as possible and let us know how you would like us to respond to you, providing your relevant contact details.
We are open 5 days per week, Monday through Friday, 9am – 5.30pm and closed between 1.00pm and 2pm each day.
Chief Executive Officer
Coeliac Society of Ireland
Carmichael Centre for Voluntary Groups
4 North Brunswick Street
Tel: (01) 8721471
Step Two – What happens next?
If you complain in person or over the phone, we will try to resolve the issue there and then. Similarly, if you complain by email or in writing we will always acknowledge your complaint within 7 days, and do everything we can to resolve it within 21 days. If this is not possible, we will explain why and provide a new deadline.
What if the complaint is not resolved?
If you are not happy with our response, you may get in touch again by writing to the Coeliac Society of Ireland’s Chairperson at the above address. The Chairperson will ensure that your appeal is considered at Board level. You will receive a response within two weeks of this consideration by Board members.