The Coeliac Society of Ireland (CSI) is a registered Charity (CHY7484). We are also registered as a company limited by guarantee with the companies registration office. We are a not-for-profit organisation. Our offices are in the Carmichael Centre for Voluntary Groups in Dublin 7.
Since 1970, the Coeliac Society of Ireland has provided information and support to people diagnosed with coeliac disease throughout Ireland. We create awareness of coeliac disease, it’s symptoms and how to live healthy on a gluten-free diet.
Our mission is to improve the quality of life for people with coeliac disease and others who benefit from a gluten-free diet for medical reasons.
Our vision is to improve awareness, detection and management of coeliac disease and related conditions requiring a gluten-free diet for medical reasons.
- Information on coeliac disease
- Information on gluten-free food
- Tips on how to live healthily, gluten-free
- Opportunities for members to meet and to share experiences
- A campaigning voice for people affected by coeliac disease.
Our work is directed by our aims, which are reflected in our Strategic Plan 2015 to 2018. We campaign on behalf of our members to the government, health professionals. We also work towards awareness within the food and hospitality industry, and among the general public.
A voluntary Board of Directors manages the charity’s strategic vision. Each director brings specialist skills required by the charity and has a personal experience or interest in coeliac disease. Day-to-day operations are managed by the CEO. We have an active community network at a local level. Volunteers enable our community activities. Staff are based at our national office in Dublin.
We hold a variety of national events annually. The society holds support group meetings throughout the year. We also run Coeliac Awareness Week is annually in May, to coincide with International Coeliac Day.
We also participate internationally through our attendance at the annual conference of the European Association of Coeliac Societies (AOECS).
22,000 people have sought our help. We have an active membership, of all ages, who have joined us from all over Ireland. Members are not limited to coeliacs. Membership also includes:
- Those on gluten-free diets for related conditions and other health reasons
- Family members
- Health professionals (GPs, hospital physicians, health nurses, dieticians, pharmacists)
- Those involved in gluten-free businesses (manufacturers, retailers and hospitality including restaurants, cafés, caterers),
- Those involved in gluten-free food provision (hospitals and care homes, schools, work canteens)
Why not Join CSI? https://www.coeliac.ie/join-us/