2tbsp olive oil
2 onions (finely chopped)
1kg pumpkin or butternut squash (peeled, deseeded and chopped into chunks)
700ml vegetable or chicken stock*
salt and freshly ground black pepper
142ml double cream
Juvela Gluten Free White or Fibre Roll (to serve)
1/2 tsp paprika*
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper*
* Please check the Food List for suitable gluten-free brands.
- Add the pumpkin or squash to the pan, then continue cooking for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally until it starts to soften and turn golden.
- Pour the stock into the pan, add the spices and season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to the boil, then simmer for 10 minutes until the butternut squash or pumpkin is very soft.
- Pour the cream into the pan, bring back to the boil, then purée until smooth with a hand blender or liquidiser.
- Perfect served with a Juvela Gluten-Free White or Fibre Roll.
Heat the oil in a large saucepan, then gently cook the onions for 5 minutes, until soft.