4 tomatoes, roughly chopped
1 red onion, peeled & roughly chopped
1 red chilli, deseeded & roughly chopped
1 clove garlic, peeled & roughly chopped
1tsp caster sugar
2tbsp fresh coriander, roughly chopped
freshly ground black pepper
- Simply blend these ingredients in a food processor for about a minute.
Lime and Corriander Humous
- Blend 2 roughly chopped garlic cloves, 2 de-seeded and roughly chopped red chillies, a large bunch of corriander, 2 cans of drained chickpeas, the juice of a lime and 2 tbsp olive oil to a course paste in a food processor.
- Season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Blend together 25g (1oz) of basil leaves, 5 roughly chopped garlic cloves, 50g (2oz) pine nuts and 100g (4oz) grated parmesan cheese in a food processor.
- Slowly pour in 100ml of olive oil and pulse until well blended.
Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto
- Place 150g (6oz) sun-dried tomatoes, 2 roughly chopped garlic cloves, 2 de-seeded and roughly chopped red chillies, 2 tbsp pine nuts, 1 tbsp capers, 50ml (2fl oz) white wine and 2 tbsp olive oil in a food processor and blend to a course paste. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Combine half a finely chopped cucumber with 150g (6oz) Greek yoghurt, 2 peeled and crushed garlic cloves and 1 tbsp chopped fresh mint.